As many of us Midwesterner's know, the weather is iffy at most, in Missouri and Kansas, on any given day of the year. I believe it's possible to get sunburnt and frostbitten all in the same day. Thank goodness the Weather God's were on our side for the canoe trip this year. Don't get me wrong; we all still packed our snow suits and bikinis, just in case!
The river was low, but rafts were still allowed (yay!). However, we (McAfoos crew) decided to break tradition and actually canoe this year. I know...SHOCKER! Upon making this decision, I did have to calm my "mom-anxieties" and come to terms with the fact that we weren't white water rafting or venturing into unchartered territory, so it might actually be okay if we canoe instead of raft (i.e rafts don't tip; canoes do).
**On a side note
____________________________________________
WHO DAT?
McAfoos' + 1 Rankin - Present and Accounted For!
The Schofield Clan - Check!
The Huffhines' are in the river, y'all!
The JoRay's - John and Aaron + company (Mavis + kids and Carly).
Now for a group shot! All at once, NOBODY look at the camera....
!PERFECT!
_________________________________________________
S'UP
When one is in the wilderness, one sees wild things....like Lizards. Cute, little, cuddly and fun lizards. Amanda agrees.
...Okay, the mood has changed slightly; Amanda thinks this lizard is a little too close to her face. See Amanda's smile now? (she's holding her breath, too). Hehe.
Ahh..there are no words. Oh wait, yes there are....GET A ROOM or TENT or SOMETHING!!
Oh look, a father-son moment - How precious is that?
John: "RETAKE!! I wasn't ready; Let me suck in and you take the picture again."
-That's better!
Somebody's FAAABULOUSSSS! Hehe.
UT OH, Mom's worst fear realized.....Mayday, Mayday! Man overboard!
I repeat, MANNN OVERBOARDDD!
...Okay, everyone lived and now we can laugh about it.
Good one, Kevin and Luke.
YAY - Aaron's here to save the day!
Crisis averted - NOW, let's all jump off things!!
_________________________________________________
ACES
Now that canoeing is out of our systems, let's talk about stuff. You know....like, stuff you find on the camera when you get home from the canoe trip and realize that even though we were all at the same place and doing the same thing...our photos portray a different picture than what we remember.
And we're walking.....down memory lane....right now....
WTH?
Uh....Go Vikings?
Family Photo - er....everyone smile?
Poop cramp?
Ummmm........I'm speechless, here.
Uh...there is something completely wrong with this camera lens! It didn't just add 10lbs; it impregnated me and put me at 3 months before my due date - WTH!
I think my kid just fetched a stick? Why? From Where? ...WHY?
Amanda "The Die Hard Tadpole Catcher". Her motto: There's no time to change into a swimsuit! Get in there, catch those tadpoles, and who cares if everyone can see my pink panties when I bend over!
AND for the Finale....
Drum Roll, please.....
Is that a Rat tail?
**Wow, two posts in one night! Who knew I had it in me?





































0 comments:
Post a Comment