Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Sunday, February 5, 2012

We've been rescued!

His name is Corey.  He's ornery.  He's spunky.  He's weird.  He's one of us, now!

So, we had been on the fence about getting a new dog since our beloved Jesse passed away a year ago.  The biggest con of getting a new dog was the fact that we just got new carpet and the idea of accidents happening during potty training almost made our decision for us.  But, I couldn't stop myself from connecting with animal rescue sites on Facebook and watching for new miniature pinscher dog listings - like every day.  I went so far as to seriously inquire about some pet listings via email to several rescue places, I went to adopt-a-pet events at the mall, AND even visited Heartland SPCA to check out dogs....even though we had already made the decision to not get another dog. 

Oh....who am I kidding?  Those little eyes....floppy ears....and 'I love you' puppy expressions!  I knew it the minute I saw him - He was a McAfoos!



 
He was listed late on Thursday evening on Petfinder.com and at an animal shelter that was 20 minutes from my house.  It was the perfect scenario - he was a miniature pinscher, an ideal weight, male, and most of all.....HE NEEDED A HOME!!

On Friday, I made many phone calls to the shelter....Is this listing for real? When do you close tonight?  Can you stay open late so we can come meet him? When do you open on Saturday morning?  Can you hold him for us, we HAVE to meet him? Does he like to play with toys or is he serious natured?  Does he like affection or is he scared of people?  And finally late Friday night after the shelter closed, I made one last call....Is he still there? Did anyone adopt him today? 
........Okay, we will be there when you open the doors tomorrow morning!! 

Hmmm....I should probably show Quentin the listing and tell him that we have to be in Harrisonville at 9am the next morning.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 - We welcomed a bouncing baby boy into our hearts and home - Corey Taylor McAfoos (named after the lead singer of Slipknot).  The rest is history!


Hanging out on daddy's lap....


Wrestling and pinning the ball!


Someone's got a sock that isn't his......


And playing with a ping pong ball that he shouldn't be playing with......


Corey is all smiles for the camera because he's a happy doggy!



2 comments:

Topics: WhatSoEver said...

Hi,
Now, we rarely found such personal sharing blogs online. Why did you stop updating the blog at a sudden? I wish you were doing more here.
Nice blog!

'Topics: Whatsoever' : Have a visit now!

Mary said...

Hi WhatSoEver -
Hm....I don't really know why I stopped blogging. I could totally blame the universe for some catastrophic event but to be honest I think I quit due to laziness or lack of interest (on my part and others).

HOWEVER, I'm please with your comment or "power of suggestion" and I feel as though my interest, once more, is piqued and, darn it....I may blog today or in the near future.

Thank You!