Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mom's 70th Surprise Birthday - June 25th, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMA!  We were all in on the surprise and better yet, mom had no idea!  It is still somewhat shocking to me that my mom is 70 years old.  Even though I continue to age it just doesn't seem possible that my mom does too.  I read this quote and find it to be very fitting...."Research clearly shows that people who have more birthdays live longer."  Haha - very true!  And I hope my momma lives to be 800+ years old!

Brooke and Kayla did a wonderful job on this sign. My mother-in-law Kathy brought Mom out to the party (under false pretenses, of course) and kept us apprised to their whereabouts. Hehe - we're sneaky.

Here's the welcoming party (all grandchildren)....with special guests Marcie and Pat (from mom's card group), Uncle Tom, Aunt Donna, Barb, and Dennis JoRay, Wanda Wilson, Frank and Lavonne Mize, and, of course, the family.


Mom was so excited and surprised when she arrived.  Kathy barely got the car stopped in the driveway before Mom was jumping out to greet everyone!  Poor Kathy had to lie to mom all week about our fake plans in order to get her to my house for her party.  Of course, there was no shame in these little white lies.  And can you believe no one spilled the beans!!!  



Mom was especially surprised to see Wanda; her presence at the party was a total delight!


I contacted our cousins Makram and Paula Matta,who live in New York.  They were unable to actually attend the party but they sent a gift anyway to let mom know they were thinking of her on her special day.  It took mom a couple of minutes to find the address label and figure out who it was from.  (I'd blame it on her age but 70 is the new 50...and she eventually found it).  Mom was so glad I didn't forget to invite Paula and Makram. 
After the taco bar and opening gift, it was time to hang out and chat with all who came.....
The garage party.....and honestly it was too hot to move, so they didn't.
And no party would be complete without a little kid craziness!  Aley and Andi fit the bill for that so we could officially check craziness off the list.


With some final good-byes, the party drew to a close.  Mom was brought to tears several times during the night and it just made my heart sing that she was so happy. 

Happy 70th Birthday, Momma!  I love you and wish you many more joyous birthdays to come!

0 comments: