Over Christmas break, we have gotten lots of snow and almost unbearable cold temperatures. Only once, did the kids want to go play out in the snow and it was short lived - like a total of 10 minutes. Knowing the snow was coming, I decided to hit Michael's and grab some crafty stuff that the kids have never done before. First, Amanda and I did a paint by numbers picture. She loved painting and only needed a little help from me to mix some of the colors. When I was younger, all the colors came in the kit and you didn't have to mix white with red to make the pink color. It was different but we figured it all out. Amanda did a great job and only took a couple of breaks while she completed her first masterpiece.
The paint by numbers that I picked up for Kevin was a motocycle guy picture. I didn't think about how complicated it would be from the front of the box. BUT, when we opened it... OMG, it was crazy impossible. Kevin was a trooper and tried doing some of the black spaces, but it frustrated him more than anything. So, needless to say, we put it away and didn't finish it. I will have to get him one that resembles the one that I picked up for Amanda, which was very simple.
For New Year's Eve, Q and I didn't have plans so the kids had Faith and Kyle come over for a sleepover. The boys played a variety of video games and also had a nerf gun war in the basement. My neighbor Aubrie briefly joined us for dessert, which was a Sundae Bar - complete with ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles (chocolate and rainbow colored), hot fudge, chocolate sauce, bananas, and cherries. The kids were super excited to make their own dessert. Yummy!!
Since the paint by number kit was a hit with Amanda, I had the girls do a mosiac by number craft. I totally recommend them to any mom that has young ones to keep busy! They are super easy; just put the tiny square foam sticker on the prestamped square with the coordinating color of foam. I also got these at Michael's but they are available online, as well (http://www.orbfactory.com/ or on ebay). Amanda made a fairy and Faith made a parrot. (click on the picture for a larger image)
Amanda's girlfriend, Ty, also came over for a couple of hours for a play date. We will definately have to her come visit again very soon because Amanda said Ty left too fast and it would be best for Ty to just move in with us. How cute!
My mother even stayed the night over holiday break because her car got stuck in my driveway; darn snow and darn Cadillac! And my brother Dave came out with his kids, Nic and Katie, to play games (video and board games) and to help drastically reduce the amount of candy that was left over in my house after Christmas. (That was actually the master plan and I didn't tell them until they got here). Thank goodness there is finally a small dent in the candy jar - it was such a temptation!
Thanks everyone for making the break more enjoyable with laughter and good times! I can't wait to see all your smiling faces again!








0 comments:
Post a Comment