Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Hate that...

I hate that...We don't hear your obnoxious laugh and quarky one-liners anymore.
I hate that... You don't pick up my children and say, "let's see how much you weigh today?"
I hate that... I have no one to give my extra seeds or flower bulbs to, after I plant my garden. 
I hate that... Your plants grew better than mine.  Okay not really, I am glad they grew for at least one of us.
I hate that... Thanksgiving is approaching and all it signifies is one more year without you in our lives.
I hate that... Christmas has a different feeling.  It will take time for this to pass.
I hate that... You missed the one and only traditional Christmas program that had real Christmas music.  I am sure it was a tribute to you.
I hate that... My daughter doesn't understand your departure and my son misses his grandpa, his best friend.
I hate that... Your wife is lonely and I'm not always there to comfort her and spend quality time with her when she needs it most.
I hate that... Even the happy memories bring tears to my eyes.
I hate that... Our time together was tremendously shortened.
I hate that... Not all the tears in the world, nor the most poetic words could express how  much you meant to us and how we miss you.

We love you, Papa Gordon.  Rest in Peace.


0 comments: