I am enrolled in an 8 week program through my work gym to drop a few pounds. It is called Healthy Weighs. Today was day #1 of the program and so far so good....
There were a lot of firsts today. First day of the program, first time taking a spin class. As with everything you do for the first time - there is trial and error. Half way through the workout, I realized there were removable cushions at the back of the room that I could put on my seat, so the ride wouldn't be so, uh..... numbing and painful. As if I don't have enough "natural padding"!! Can you believe I needed more? Hehe. Um.....Don't answer that question!
I went for 45 minutes and according to CalorieKing (http://www.calorieking.com/), I burned 527 calories. Righteous! I almost burned all the calories of the salad that I ate afterwards (I counted 538). Romaine, Spinach, chicken, carrots, cucumbers, egg, tomato, feta, and balsamic vinagrette. I think I will omit the cheese next time, it accounted for 130 of the calories (empty calories). Oh my, I have become a calorie counter. Eww, yuck!
I will probably walk at the track tonight with Jodi to gain a few extra miles. My eight week goal is 16 lbs - not too aggressive or passive. Two pounds a week is considered a "healthy" loss, but I won't be too mad if I lose more than 16 in the next 8 weeks. Say goodbye bootay!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment